Sunday, March 18, 2012

Text Connection- Student Activities

Hello Everyone!!
Thanks for taking another peek!  I wanted to quick add a bit to my last post.  Text Connection is so important for comprehension.  I want to share a bit about how I get my kids independently practicing the connections they make with text.  All of these student activities coordinate with the anchor chart I've already posted.  Kids can make their own little Connection Hearts.  Have them cut out the 4 colors needed. Each color stands for a certain connection. Have kids write on each heart and staple together.
Kids can also use an activity sheet or their Literature Response Journals to record connections.
Here's to making connections!
Text Connection Student Activity- Connection Heart Book




Text Connection Student Activity



Literature Response Journal Entry for Text Connection

Short and sweet! Now off to make connections with the fam!!
Happy Connecting!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!